We are unable
to conceive a child
Do any of these situations apply to you?
- we have been trying to conceive for more than 12 months
- the first pregnancy ended as a missed abortion (delayed miscarriage)
- I am over 33 years old and I have never been pregnant
- I have had a child with my previous partner but my new partner has no children
- I have had an intrauterine contraception with complications
- one of us has not conceived with his/her previous partner
- I have had an abortion on my request
- I have suffered an ectopic pregnancy
- I have undergone abdominal surgery after I started to menstruate
- I suffer from a chronic disease; I take medicine regularly
- my family, personal or gynaecological medical history is problematic
- my partner had a hernia operation as a child, or has an undescended testicle
- we have a mutual sexual problem
What is the point of contacting the doctor?
The reason for making an appointment with the doctor is to accelerate the search for the causes of infertility and propose a way to enhance fertility in order to achieve natural conception or, if these methods have been exhausted, to select one of the assisted reproduction techniques.
How can we make an appointment?
Using a form:
appointment form (here)
Before making an appointment, please have ready your
- date of birth
- contact phone number
- e-mail address
- date of the start of your last menstruation
What you should know:
- Your communication over the phone or by e-mail will be with your IVF coordinator, who will be your guide and first point of contact during your visits to the ARLETA clinic.
- We do not require any recommendation from your gynaecologist, but we do recommend that you inform him/her, since you will remain in their preventive care and we will need their cooperation.
- Bring with you all your written records and results relating to your health.
- If you suffer from a chronic disease, we advise that you get a specialist’s statement regarding your future pregnancy.
- Currently, we are able to offer your first appointment within 3 to 6 weeks after your first contact.
Why a questionnaire?
- Based on the filled-in information, the doctor will draw up some working hypotheses before your first appointment.
- Targeted questions during the interview will help eliminate or confirm possible infertility factors.
- Episodes and details from your previous life may also be important in revealing the problem.
Interview with the doctor
Why is it important to talk about the problem?
- During the appointment, an intimate relationship is created between the doctor and the couple; this relationship should be open and empathic on both sides.
- Every problem has its “story” and the doctor has the ability to assess the important moments of your life that could be exercising a decisive influence on your fertility problem.
- The doctor may express his/her first working hypotheses at the end of the first appointment, which then must be verified by diagnostic tests.
- You must bear in mind that the specialist’s opinion may be pessimistic with respect to conception from your own sperm or eggs.
- Be prepared for the fact that we will be interested in your family background, relationships with previous partners, children, parents and also speak about your life plans, what you have succeeded in or failed to achieve in your life.
- For our foreign clients we offer consultations with a doctor via Skype.
Which specialist examinations are included in your first appointment?
- gynaecological examination, colposcopy
- cytology, chlamydia screen, if indicated
- vaginal ultrasound scan
- semen analysis
- hormonal profile
Which examinations may be recommended by the doctor after the first appointment?
- andrological examination in the case of a fertility problem in the man
- genetic examination of an infertile couple
- diagnostic or surgical outpatient mini-hysteroscopy, including removal of fibroids, polyps and adhesions or to interrupt uterine septum
- outpatient tubal patency test
- outpatient tubal patency during closure in the uterine horn (tubal recanalization)
- diagnostic laparoscopy with chromopertubation (tubal patency test using flushing with a blue dye)
- surgical laparoscopy to remove closed tubes, myomas, endometrioses or to correct uterine anomalies
- immunological examination of an infertile couple
- endocrinological examination in the case of thyroid disorder or adrenogenital syndrome
- haematological examination in the case of suspected thrombophilia
- psychological or sexological examination
Description of treatment methods
Insemination – IUI/AID: Intrauterine insertion of prepared sperms of your partner/anonymous donor around the time of ovulation
In vitro fertilisation and embryo transfer IVF ET: intrauterine insertion of an embryo after fertilisation of a partner’s/ donor’s egg in vitro with sperm from either her partner or a donor
|IVF OE (Own Eggs)
|IVF SD (Donor´s Sperm)
|IVF OD (Oocytes of Donor)
|IVF AE (Adoption of embryo)
Who will participate in your treatment and how?
The ARLETA team has clearly defined rules and roles for particular employees and departments. You will meet individual employees in this logically arranged team as you progress through the ARLETA Reproductive Health Centre.
After identifying the causes of your problem, the doctor indicates one or more treatment options and you will choose one together with your IVF coordinator. The chosen option will suit your wishes – according to the method’s success-rate, price and time schedule. The doctor will also give you the prognosis of particular treatment options in terms of the percentage of success.
The IVF coordinator will explain in detail the principles of treatment and the step-by-step schedule, and draw up a price offer for the respective treatment options. He/She will also take care of payments or issue an invoice, plan your follow-up appointments, look after you and your family members in the waiting room, help to organise your arrival at the surgery and bring you to the scrub nurse for surgery.
A nurse will administer medication to prepare and stimulate you and your coordinator will advise on their application, dosage and explain possible effects on your body; the nurse will take your blood to determine the hormonal level and rule out the presence of venereal diseases.
The embryologist will acquaint you with the quantity, maturity and quality of your eggs and sperm after they have been acquired. He/she will explain standard and specialist laboratory procedures. The coordinator will inform you about fertilisation success and assess embryos during cultivation up to the embryo transfer. He/she will discuss the quantity of embryos suitable for transfer and freezing, inform you about the quantity of bioopted embryos and their release for embryo transfer.
A urologist or andrologist will examine all men with a pathological finding in their sperm analysis, indicate and perform varicoceles, MESA and TESE to gain sperm from men with azoospermia. The doctor, geneticist and embryologist interpret the results of trophoblast biopsy and select the most suitable embryos for transfer.
How much will you pay for the whole treatment?
- You will be told the final price of your treatment plan in advance.
- To better understand the price, we have prepared a list of items included in the treatment that may apply to you.
- If you select a laboratory package of methods, the embryologist will use in this particular case all procedures that may increase the probability of success based on his/her experience.
- Your IVF coordinator will explain all items to you and inform you about their price.
- Before treatment starts, an advance payment must be made. The amount will depend on the selected treatment. The balance is paid up when clients arrive at our clinic for treatment.
|IVF ET CYCLE PAID FOR BY PRIVATE CLIENTS
IVF treatment and laboratory basics
1 400 EUR
Laboratory package of methods
|1 790 EUR
|from 480 EUR*
Sperm donor costs
Egg donor costs
|1 500 EUR
PGS, PGD, Karyomapping
from 960 EUR**
Embryo thawing & transfer
|1 000 EUR
Price of the treatment starting from
*price for embryo cryopreservation into the first two straws
**price for PGD of 2 embryo (the final price depends on the chosen method of genetic testing and the number of embryos being examinated)
Is it really possible for me to get pregnant? What guarantee do I have?
- First of all, we do not promise you 100% success and we are sincerely sorry that we cannot help all our clients.
- However, we believe that thanks to our individual approach to each couple we are able to get the best possible results.
- You need not be afraid that embryos/sperms may be mismatched, since we do only one to two punctures a day as maximum.
- The success rate depends on the age of the woman, infertility factors, the quantity and quality of inserted embryos, transfer timing, and also on the ability of the endometrium to accept the embryo.
- We are able to statistically give you a prognosis based on the above-mentioned criteria.
What follows after a positive pregnancy test once the transfer has taken place?
- Congratulations, a positive pregnancy test is the first condition for you to give birth to a child; however, we know that you are not out of the woods yet.
- We have extensive experience with effectively saving pregnancy in women who have had repeated miscarriages.
- We are able to early identify symptoms indicative of an ectopic pregnancy.
- Pregnancy is pharmacologically supported from our side till Week 13; after which you are completely in hands of your gynaecologist.
What if I start bleeding and/or the urine pregnancy test is negative?
- We are capable of handling this upsetting situation and offering the support you need; unfortunately, we have been through this many times.
- We are confident that you will feel the benefits of our support, we will never tell you to give up, even if the chance of success is minimal.
- We will clearly and rationally explain to you in theory why the treatment failed, we will find the most probable cause of the negative test, and present you with our proposal how best to proceed.
- To find the cause for an IVF ET failure can be difficult, but our clinic keeps detailed records of each treatment step, so we are in control of all the necessary data.
- It may surprise you, but we are also able to openly admit if we have made a mistake or have been wrong.